I , Mike Phipps, Director, Mike Phipps Finance, believe that it is essential for my customers to be able to identify and deal with a broker who has the ability, authority and proper training to hear and respond appropriately to any complaints or disputes.
I am a member of the Mortgage & Finance Association of Australia (MFAA) and as such I am also subject to the requirement to have in place an Internal Dispute Resolution procedure.
You can lodge complaints by contacting Mike Phipps Finance by:
• telephoning: 07 54 702 194
• e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
• writing to: PO Box 183 Noosa Heads Qld 4567
You should explain the details of your complaint as clearly as you can. You may do this verbally or in writing.
When I receive a complaint, I will attempt to resolve it promptly. I hope that in this way we will stop any unnecessary and inappropriate escalation of minor complaints.
I will observe the following principles in handling your complaint:
1. There is no requirement for face-to-face contact between you and I, although it may be useful for us to come to a satisfactory resolution;
2. I expect that both parties will make a genuine attempt to resolve a complaint promptly;
3. I expect that both parties will provide all essential and relevant information, documents, written statements and any other materials that may properly and reasonably be believed to assist in resolving the complaint;
4. I expect that both parties will comply with all reasonable requests from the other party to provide information within a reasonable time frame.
My external dispute resolution scheme
If we do not reach agreement on your complaint, you may refer the complaint to an ASIC Approved External Dispute Resolution (EDR) Scheme.
Mike Phipps Finance external dispute resolution provider is
Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm AEST
Complaints 1800 138 422
Membership (02) 9273 8455
External dispute resolution is a free service established to provide you with an independent mechanism to resolve specific complaints.
Can’t find the information that you are looking for on our website? Get in touch with Mike Phipps Finance today, we will try to answer any industry related question that you may have.